14 fun Company Christmas Party Ideas
by Signe Hegart
October 2, 2023
The holiday season is fast approaching, and that means it’s time to start planning your company Christmas party! This year, why not make it extra special by incorporating fun activities and prizes like Christmas gift cards? Not only will it be a great way to boost morale and show appreciation, but it will also create a festive and enjoyable atmosphere for everyone. To help you get started, here are 14 fun company Christmas party ideas that are sure to be a hit!
Jump to section
What is a Company Christmas Party?
A Company Christmas Party, often referred to as a corporate holiday party or office Christmas party, is a festive event organized by a company or organization to celebrate the holiday season, typically around Christmas time. These parties are a way for employees and sometimes their families to come together in a social setting outside of the workplace to enjoy each other’s company, relax, and celebrate the holiday spirit.
Why is Christmas Company Parties important?
Christmas Company Parties serve several important purposes within a corporate or organizational context:
- Employee Morale: These parties boost employee morale by providing a break from the routine work environment and allowing employees to relax and enjoy themselves. It can be a fun and festive way to reward employees for their hard work and dedication throughout the year.
- Team Building: Christmas parties offer a relaxed and social setting for employees to interact with colleagues and supervisors outside of work-related tasks. This helps build stronger relationships, fosters teamwork, and enhances overall workplace camaraderie.
- Employee Recognition: Many companies use Christmas parties as an opportunity to recognize and reward employees for their contributions and achievements during the year. This recognition can include awards, bonuses, or simply a heartfelt thank-you for their efforts.
- Appreciation and Gratitude: Hosting a Christmas party is a tangible way for employers to show appreciation and gratitude to their workforce. It demonstrates that the company values its employees and cares about their well-being.
- Stress Relief: The holiday season can be a stressful time for many people, with personal and family obligations on top of work responsibilities. A Christmas party provides employees with a chance to unwind, de-stress, and temporarily set aside their work-related worries.
- Employee Retention: Recognizing and celebrating employees can contribute to higher job satisfaction and, ultimately, improved employee retention. When employees feel appreciated and connected to their workplace, they are more likely to stay with the company.
Related: Affordable and Meaningful: 21 Bulk Christmas Gifts for Employees
14 fun Company Christmas Party Ideas
1. Secret Santa Gift Exchange
Organize a Secret Santa gift exchange where employees can exchange presents with their coworkers. This is a fun way to spread the holiday cheer and encourage team bonding.
It fosters a sense of camaraderie among employees. This activity encourages team members to interact and get to know each other better, creating a stronger sense of unity within the workplace.
Additionally, Secret Santa is an inclusive activity. It allows all employees to participate, regardless of their budget. By setting a spending limit, it ensures fairness and accessibility for everyone.
The element of surprise adds excitement to the party. Participants eagerly anticipate both giving and receiving gifts, making the event more enjoyable and memorable.
2. Ugly Sweater Contest
Host an ugly sweater contest and encourage employees to wear their most outrageous holiday sweaters. You can even offer prizes for the most creative, funniest, or ugliest sweater.
Participating in the contest encourages creativity and showcases the imaginative and humorous sides of employees. People put effort into creating or choosing the most outrageously ugly sweaters, leading to a display of inventive designs.
Furthermore, the Ugly Sweater Contest serves as an excellent icebreaker, especially in larger companies where employees may not know each other well. It gives people a conversation starter and a shared, fun activity to engage in.
Overall, an Ugly Sweater Contest can be an excellent addition to a company Christmas party. It creates a memorable and enjoyable experience for employees, fosters team spirit, encourages creativity, and aligns perfectly with the festive holiday spirit.
3. Holiday Scavenger Hunt
Create a holiday-themed scavenger hunt around the office or venue. Hide clues and small gifts, and let employees work together to solve the puzzles and find the hidden treasures.
A Holiday Scavenger Hunt can be fantastic for a company Christmas party idea because it offers a range of benefits. Firstly, it fosters teamwork and collaboration among employees. Participants must work together to solve clues and find hidden items, which helps build camaraderie among colleagues. It’s an opportunity for individuals from different departments to interact and get to know each other better.
Moreover, a Holiday Scavenger Hunt adds to the festive spirit of Christmas. It’s a fun and interactive way for employees to embrace the holiday season. Incorporating holiday decorations, music, and costumes can further enhance the holiday atmosphere.
Another advantage is the variety it brings to the party. Instead of the usual sit-down and chat routine, employees can enjoy an exciting and dynamic activity. It adds an element of adventure and mystery to the celebration.
Scavenger hunts also stimulate problem-solving and critical thinking. Participants must use their wits to decipher clues and complete challenges. This mental exercise occurs in a relaxed and enjoyable setting, offering a refreshing change of pace.
Gift cards are an excellent prize for a Holiday Scavenger Hunt, and they offer several compelling advantages that make them a popular choice for such events.
We understand that selecting rewards for individuals who aren’t very close to you can sometimes pose a challenge. This challenge becomes even more apparent in the realm of corporate gifting, where finding the ideal prize in Christmas holiday games for your employees or team members can often be a daunting task. It’s difficult to pinpoint a gift that would resonate with the diverse tastes of everyone. That’s where our freedom of choice gift cards come into play. However, traditional gift cards often fall short in providing true freedom of choice and frequently go unused.
Here at Huuray, we approach rewards differently. Our mission is to simplify and enhance the reward experience. Enter our Gift Cards, offering a unique gifting experience with over 5,000 options to choose from and available in +190 countries.
Send yourself a corporate Christmas party reward
4. Cookie Decorating
Set up a cookie decorating station where employees can unleash their creativity and decorate delicious holiday-themed cookies. This activity is not only fun but also allows employees to take home a sweet treat.
It encourages employees to tap into their creativity and artistic talents. Cookie decorating is a hands-on activity that allows participants to design and adorn cookies with various colors, shapes, and toppings, resulting in a sense of accomplishment and enjoyment.
Importantly, this activity is inclusive and accessible to individuals of all ages and skill levels. It ensures that everyone can actively participate, fostering a sense of togetherness and unity among colleagues.
The act of decorating cookies with holiday-themed designs, such as snowflakes, Christmas trees, and gingerbread men, contributes to a festive and joyful atmosphere at the party. It adds a special touch that enhances the overall holiday spirit.
5. Holiday Photo Booth
Set up a photo booth with festive props and decorations where employees can take fun and memorable holiday photos. You can even create a holiday-themed backdrop to make the photos extra special.
Incorporating a Holiday Photo Booth into your Company Christmas Party offers a fun and interactive way to celebrate the holiday season. It promotes teamwork, inclusivity, and lasting memories while enhancing the festive atmosphere of the event. It’s an engaging addition that employees are likely to enjoy and appreciate, creating a memorable and enjoyable party for all.
Check out seelfieboothco for renting a photobooth!
6. Holiday Movie Marathon
Host a holiday movie marathon where employees can relax and enjoy watching their favorite holiday films. Provide popcorn and other snacks to make it a cozy and enjoyable experience.
The movie marathon offers a relaxing and laid-back atmosphere, providing a much-needed break from the usual work-related stress. It allows employees to unwind and immerse themselves in a leisurely and enjoyable activity.
Moreover, holiday movies are renowned for their heartwarming and festive themes, making them ideal for setting the mood at the Christmas party. They create a warm and joyful atmosphere that fosters a sense of togetherness among colleagues.
Many holiday movies are timeless classics that people have grown up watching. Screening these films can evoke feelings of nostalgia and sentimentality, enhancing the overall holiday experience and creating a sense of connection.
7. DIY Ornament Station
Set up a DIY ornament station where employees can get crafty and create their own personalized ornaments. Provide various materials like beads, ribbons, and paint to encourage creativity.
Firstly, it encourages creativity and artistic expression among employees. Crafting and decorating ornaments provide an outlet for individuals to showcase their creative talents, resulting in a fulfilling and enjoyable experience.
Furthermore, the DIY nature of the ornament station allows for personalization. Employees can design ornaments that reflect their unique styles and preferences, creating meaningful and one-of-a-kind decorations.
Importantly, this activity is inclusive, suitable for people of all ages and skill levels. It promotes a sense of togetherness and unity as colleagues come together to engage in a creative endeavor.
Read also: 175 Remarkable Corporate Holiday Gifts That Will Make You the Best Gifter
8. Holiday Karaoke
Organize a holiday karaoke session where employees can sing their favorite holiday songs. It’s a fun way to showcase hidden talents and create a lively atmosphere.
Karaoke is an inclusive activity that can be enjoyed by employees of all ages and skill levels. It promotes inclusivity and encourages everyone to participate, fostering a sense of togetherness and unity among colleagues.
Karaoke can be done individually or in groups, allowing employees to form teams and perform together. This fosters teamwork and collaboration as employees work together to create memorable and entertaining performances.
Participating in karaoke can have a positive impact on morale. Singing and dancing serve as a stress-relief activity, providing a welcome break from the regular work routine and allowing employees to unwind and have fun.
9. Gift Wrapping Competition
Divide employees into teams and host a gift wrapping competition. Provide different wrapping materials and let their creativity shine. Offer prizes for the most beautifully wrapped gifts. A gift wrapping competition can be a wonderful addition to a Company Christmas Party for several compelling reasons:
Firstly, it promotes team building and camaraderie among employees. By forming teams and working together to create beautifully wrapped gifts, colleagues who may not typically collaborate in a professional setting can bond and strengthen their relationships.
Secondly, this activity allows employees to unleash their creativity. Gift wrapping competitions provide an excellent platform for showcasing artistic skills and thinking outside the box. Participants can craft unique and imaginative gift wrapping designs that are both entertaining and impressive.
Additionally, organizing such a competition provides a welcome break from work-related stress during the holiday season. It allows employees to relax and immerse themselves in the festive spirit, contributing to a more enjoyable and relaxed atmosphere at the party.
Let’s have a chat
10. Holiday Trivia
Test your employees’ knowledge of holiday traditions, songs, and movies with a holiday trivia game. You can divide them into teams and offer prizes for the winners. Hosting a holiday trivia game at a Company Christmas Party can be an excellent idea for several compelling reasons.
First and foremost, holiday trivia is engaging and interactive, encouraging active participation from all attendees. This fosters a sense of camaraderie and teamwork among colleagues, creating a more inclusive and enjoyable atmosphere.
Holiday trivia questions can be designed to accommodate various levels of knowledge, ensuring that employees with varying backgrounds and abilities can join in. This inclusivity promotes unity within the company, as everyone can contribute.
Moreover, holiday-themed trivia adds to the festive ambiance of the Christmas party. Questions about holiday traditions, movies, music, and history enhance the holiday spirit, making the event more enjoyable and memorable.
11. Dance Party
Hire a DJ or create a playlist of holiday-themed songs and let employees dance the night away. It’s a great way to let loose, have fun, and celebrate the holiday season.
A dance party is a wonderful choice for a company Christmas party for a multitude of compelling reasons. First and foremost, it brings about a celebratory atmosphere that perfectly encapsulates the spirit of the holiday season. Dancing is universally recognized as an expression of joy and festivity, making it an ideal activity for celebrating the year’s successes and fostering a sense of togetherness among employees.
In addition to fostering teamwork and social bonds, dance parties serve as a much-needed stress-relief outlet during a typically hectic time of year. Year-end deadlines and tasks can create tension, and a dance party offers a fun, informal way for employees to let loose and alleviate stress, allowing them to relax and recharge.
A dance party for a company Christmas party fosters a celebratory atmosphere, promotes inclusivity and teamwork, offers stress relief, and serves as engaging and versatile entertainment. It creates lasting memories, encourages physical activity, and provides variety, all while staying budget-friendly.
12. DIY Hot Chocolate Bar
Set up a DIY hot chocolate bar with different toppings and flavors for employees to create their own delicious hot beverages. It’s a cozy and festive activity that everyone can enjoy.
First and foremost, a DIY Hot Chocolate Bar actively involves participants in the party. It transforms the act of making hot chocolate into an interactive experience. Attendees have the opportunity to craft their own customized hot chocolate beverages, selecting from a variety of options like dark, milk, or white chocolate, an array of toppings such as whipped cream, marshmallows, or cinnamon, and even flavored syrups like peppermint or caramel. This versatility ensures that individuals can tailor their drinks to suit their personal tastes and preferences, enhancing their enjoyment of the event.
Moreover, this concept is highly inclusive. It accommodates diverse dietary needs and restrictions, making it accessible to everyone. By offering options like dairy-free milk, sugar-free sweeteners, and gluten-free toppings, you ensure that all employees can partake in this delightful treat without any concerns.
Read also: 23 Fun Office Games That Bring Joy to the Workplace
13. Holiday Themed Costume Contest
Encourage employees to come dressed in holiday-themed costumes, whether it’s a Santa Claus suit, an elf costume, or any other festive attire. Host a costume contest and award prizes for the most creative and best-dressed employees.
Costume contests serve as natural conversation starters. Employees can mingle, discuss their costumes, exchange compliments, and share stories about their creative ideas. This social interaction promotes networking and helps employees connect with colleagues they may not interact with regularly.
In terms of inclusivity, costume contests are wonderfully adaptable. Participants can choose the level of involvement that suits them best. Some may opt for elaborate and intricate costumes, while others may prefer simpler or more humorous outfits. This flexibility ensures that everyone can participate comfortably, regardless of their personal style or preferences.
Furthermore, collaborative costume planning can strengthen workplace relationships. Employees from different departments may team up to create group costumes, fostering teamwork and enhancing cross-departmental interactions.
14. Volunteer or Charity Drive
Organize a volunteer or charity drive where employees can give back to the community during the holiday season. This can include activities like collecting donations, organizing food drives, or volunteering at local shelters.
Organizing a Volunteer or Charity Drive as part of a company’s Christmas party is a meaningful and heartwarming choice, with a multitude of benefits that extend beyond the festive season.
First and foremost, it reflects the company’s commitment to giving back to the community. In the spirit of the holiday season, it sends a powerful message that the organization cares about making a positive impact beyond its core business objectives.
Participating in a charity drive or volunteering activity can instill a profound sense of purpose and fulfillment in employees. It allows them to contribute to a meaningful cause, which can significantly boost their morale and job satisfaction. Knowing that their company supports such efforts can enhance their overall job experience.
Incorporating charity donations into a company’s Christmas party is a decision that resonates deeply with the essence of the holiday season and carries a multitude of meaningful advantages for both the organization and its employees.
At Huuray we offer the ability to give charity donations. Two gifts in one card, that would be the best description of what a charity gift card is. It is a special type of gift card that allows the recipient to donate the money you put on it to pre-selected nonprofit organizations and charities all over the world.
Why Christmas gift cards is is great for company Christmas parties
- Versatility: Gift cards offer recipients the freedom to choose the gifts they want, which can be especially appreciated during the holiday season when people have specific preferences and needs.
- Inclusivity: Gift cards are inclusive because they can be used by anyone, regardless of age, gender, or personal preferences. This ensures that all employees can enjoy the prize.
- Avoids Gifting Mistakes: Giving specific gifts can sometimes lead to misunderstandings or recipients not liking the gift. Gift cards eliminate this problem, as the employees can pick what suits them best.
- Personalization: While gift cards may seem impersonal, they can be chosen to match the interests of your employees. You can provide different types of gift cards (e.g., for restaurants, online retailers, or entertainment) to cater to various tastes.
- Equal Value: With gift cards, you can easily ensure that all prizes have the same value, which is important for maintaining fairness and equality among employees.
Read also: The 12 Best Holiday Gifts For Employees To Bring Joy
Tips for creating a festive atmosphere and ensuring everyone has a great time at the company Christmas party
Creating a festive atmosphere and ensuring everyone has a great time at the company Christmas party is essential for a memorable event. Here are some tips to achieve that:
- Plan Early: Planning your company Christmas party well in advance is crucial for several reasons. Firstly, it allows you to secure the best venues, catering services, and entertainment options, ensuring that you have a wide range of choices and can book your preferred options. Additionally, early planning allows you to coordinate with your team members and find a date and time that accommodates everyone’s schedules, reducing the chances of scheduling conflicts. It also gives you ample time to handle any unforeseen issues that may arise during the planning process, such as securing permits or licenses, ordering custom decorations, or making special arrangements for dietary restrictions.
- Choose a Memorable Theme: The theme you choose for your company Christmas party can set the tone for the entire event. Opt for a theme that resonates with your team’s interests and the atmosphere you want to create. A Winter Wonderland theme can evoke a magical, snowy setting, while an Ugly Sweater theme encourages a more lighthearted and humorous atmosphere. A Holiday Movie theme can celebrate classic films, and a decade-specific theme, like ’80s Christmas, can take your team on a nostalgic journey. A well-chosen theme makes the party more memorable and provides a unifying element for all participants to enjoy.
- Involve Employees: When planning your holiday party, don’t forget to tap into the creative minds of your employees. Solicit their ideas for themes, activities, and entertainment. Involving your team in the planning process not only fosters a sense of ownership and inclusion but also boosts engagement and excitement. You can use surveys or brainstorming sessions to collect their suggestions and preferences, ensuring that the party caters to their interests. This collaborative approach can result in fresh and innovative ideas that might not have occurred to you otherwise.
- Create a Warm Welcome: To set the right festive atmosphere, it’s essential to create a warm and inviting atmosphere from the moment your guests arrive. Consider decorating the entrance with holiday-themed decor, such as wreaths and twinkling lights. Greet guests with holiday music playing in the background, and have staff members or volunteers welcome them with smiles and enthusiasm. Festive signage and lighting can further enhance the mood, guiding attendees into the spirit of the event. The goal is to make everyone feel immediately embraced by the holiday cheer as soon as they step through the door.
- Festive Decorations: Transforming the venue with festive decorations is a fundamental element of creating a magical atmosphere. You can achieve this by adorning the space with twinkling lights, garlands, wreaths, and a beautifully decorated Christmas tree as the centerpiece. Consider a color scheme that complements your theme. The decorations should be visually striking and enchanting, and they serve to transport attendees into the holiday spirit. Festive decor not only enhances the ambiance but also provides excellent photo opportunities, which your team members will appreciate for years to come.
In conclusion, a company Christmas party is a valuable opportunity to boost employee morale, foster teamwork, recognize employees, show appreciation, relieve stress, and enhance employee retention. The 14 fun party ideas presented can create a festive and enjoyable atmosphere for employees to celebrate the holiday season. Additionally, incorporating charity donations into the celebration further strengthens the spirit of giving and social responsibility, making the event even more meaningful.
Let’s have a chat
When it comes to planning a corporate Christmas party, choosing the right theme can make all the difference in creating a memorable and enjoyable event for your employees. A well-chosen theme sets the tone for the party, ties all the elements together, and adds an extra layer of fun and excitement. Here are some themes that work well for a corporate Christmas party:
1. Winter Wonderland
2. Ugly Sweater
3. Masquerade Ball
4. Holiday Movie Night
1. Set a Budget: Determine your budget for the party.
2. Choose Date and Venue: Select a date and suitable venue.
3. Plan Theme and Decor: Pick a Christmas theme and decorate accordingly.
4. Send Invitations: Create formal invitations with essential details.
4. Plan the Menu: Decide on the menu and cater to dietary preferences.
5. Entertainment: Choose entertainment and activities.
6. Gifts and Prizes: Consider gift exchanges or contests.
7. Assign Responsibilities: Delegate tasks to a planning committee.
8. Promote the Event: Build excitement within the office.
With these steps, you can plan a memorable and festive office Christmas party.